August suddenly seems to know his shapes. He first demonstrated this with the basics Circle, square, triangle, and flower. He has four magnets in these shapes that he likes to slide through some slots on his bead maze then recover. On a whim, I asked him to show me the square. He began to shuffle through his magnates then held up the yellow square. So I then asked to see the flower. Again he was correct. Then I wanted to see the circle. He was correct a third time. However he was unable to show me the triangle because it was stuck in his bead maze. To which he said," stuck. Help" Once I retrieved the magnate he held it up and said triangle.
Later just before bed I busted out his puzzle box. He got all 12 shapes on his own without help. The second time around I called out the next shape for him to do and along with the 4 earlier shapes he was able to get star, oval, diamond, rectangle and surprisingly choose correctly between the pentagon, hexagon and octagon. Rhombus and parallelagram are still a bit problematic.
We have also seen great improvement with his desire and skill at puzzles. Carlos taught him to turn the pieces around until they fit. He almost always picked the correct spot for a piece but had been challenged by the orientation of said piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment