Friday, May 27, 2011

Amazon

I remember the first time I saw her face, covered in dirt, peeking out from her den under an old tree stump. She was shy and indifferent and I preferred her brother. But when I returned the following week she was the only one left. So I picked her up put her in a sack and walked the two hours home. Its been 12 years of wiggle waggles, bread stealing, fence jumping, fuzzy cuddles, treat ball rolling, slurpy kisses, and general goodness. She has been my constant companion, my hiking buddy, my big girl, and August big sister. But 12 years is a long time for a dog. And time finally caught up with her.

Today we let her go. So goodbye my big girl. I will cherish you and our time together for the rest of my life. You taught me patience and unconditional love and trained me to be a mom. August will be better for you. Love you big girl

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, big girl. You broke Mama and me into being good parents. I still take all our walks just like you're here. I love you.

    ReplyDelete