Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not in the mouth - (don't even touch it...)

Now that the winter is receding, we have been taking August to neighboring Mary Moore Searight Park to stretch his antsy legs outside. Last week, I just plopped him right in the middle of a big field with two little pushcarts and a ball - he cried when it was time to leave (and go take a nap because he had exhausted himself). Our next visit, Mama and I took him to the playgrounds - and he actually pulled himself up out of the rocks and dirt to go down the slides, face first, a couple of times.

Well if it worked last week, surely he'd love to play in the big field again, right? Yes, and no. Today, August was enchanted with the ground. He pulled up grass. He threw sand around. Of course he waved a stick or two. Did I mention I had to pull a deer pellet out of his mouth?

It seems August is a true sportsman and is deeply intent on locating the stag we briefly viewed months ago. While I share his commitment, it seems I've underestimated his dedication to our sporting endeavor.

Amazon did scare up a jack rabbit on our walk the other evening, but the quest for the white stage continues. (Gulp.)

2 comments:

  1. Heeheeeeheeeeheeheee (wiping tear away)
    It really does take the phrase "Not in the mouth" to a whole new level

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like Mama Currie when she was August's age. She had developed a fondness for eating crickets.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete