Saturday, February 11, 2012

Observations

August is beginning to share his observations with us.

While driving to and from his school we pass several pastures.  He paused in devouring his snack to tell me "No Goats". The next day he announced, "Goats...Cows.....Horses"

He also counts the number of backhoes we pass at the 2 construction sites between our house and his school. (On that note, the field we overlook from our porch is now a construction site. I see many hours of watching earth movers in my future.)

We still "talk" for August using a high breathy voice. The other day, during one of these episodes where I was talking as August telling Carlos a story, August points at me and says "that's August". I questioned him using my own voice and he responded, "no that's mama". So I spoke again using "his" voice to make sure I understood him and he gave a great smile and again said "That's August!"

He regularly shares with me that "Papa' work" in the afternoons when I pick him up from school. According to Papa' he asks for me in the morning then confirms that "Mama' Work". He also shares these incites with his teachers. We still here about "Nena Vrooom" "Nena Home" and also "Noah Vroom" "Noah grandma" (his friend noah went to visit the grand parents a few weeks back.


No comments:

Post a Comment