Sunday, April 24, 2011

Recent Tidbits

Running is the new thing along with the continued climbing. Why walk when you can run? It is faster. You get more time with the things Mama and Papa might take away from you. people seem to like it when I bobble and weave my way across the playground, room, side walk...at high speed

New heights and height to climbing. Due to a tiny growth spurt, things that were once out of reach are mine for the taking. And for the mounting. I can climb atop almost all of my shelves (the tall one now lays on its side because Mama and Papa were afraid I would crush myself with it. Those near misses were exactly that...misses) . I can now reach higher on the jungle gym and have shown some skill at climbing in the wild, although I do still fall between the big holes in the climbing structures. But I will get it one day soon. I finally can mount my trusty caballo all by myself; while holding blocks no less!

Swimming. I am a fan. I love to slash in the tub. I love to splash in the pool. I love it even more when my parents let me judge the canon ball contest. (Mama won by the way, I splashed the most in response to her canon ball even though all of Papa's were awesome). I do not, however, like being on my back in the pool. My parents call it "floating", but I hate it. I have begun practicing my kicking in the tub so when we go to the pool tomorrow I can kick as well as splash with my arms. It will be real swimming!

My hat and sunglasses are my favorite accessories. I love to put them on and take them off. repeatedly.... I even like to share my hat. Once with a Shetland pony when my cousins from Louisville were visiting. And sometimes with Amazon on our walks; she thinks it is scary but I think she looks good.

I showed Mama and Papa that I know how to drive the car today. I sat behind the wheel and made the vroom vroom noise while steering. I even played the with the stick shift and the radio. I just wanted to demonstrate that I can take over in the case of an emergency. I did think it was really cool when Papa showed me how to work the horn.



1 comment:

  1. You need to tell Momma to post some photos to go along with these verbal images.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete