Friday, March 25, 2011

Night-Night

Hello, Adoring Public,

A word about myself:

I don't always like to sleep. It is not always bed time.
Sometimes it is, but when it's not, I will not hesitate to let you know.

Especially in this transition from two naps a day to one -
I always insist on one. Loudly.
Even that one, I'm going to let you know it's the only one I'm taking.

Screaming or no, however, I never - never ever - forget my manners.

I may not like that you're trying to give me a second nap.
Or, like tonight, I may not even be awake enough to protest night-night time.

Either way, once you put me in the crib,
I never forget to reach down, pick up my blanket, and hand it to you to tuck me in.

That's right - I can be pissed. I can be asleep already.
Either way,
Once you put me in the crib,
I never forget to reach down, pick up my blanket, and hand it to you to tuck me in.

Love,
August Guillermo

2 comments:

  1. What can we say he is a little man who loves his blankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you expect? It sleeps with him every night.

    ReplyDelete